The Faculty of Psychology and Cognitive Science at Adam Mickiewicz University, the Department of English and General Linguistics at the University of Lodz, and Lodz University of Technology invite you to the second edition of the conference And Where’s Logic?, which takes place at AMU in Poznań on 20th-22nd March 2020. During this conference we will be interested in logic defined both as a separate discipline of study, and as an instrument of analysis in formal as well as natural languages. Also, we will examine the difference in the perception and significance of logic in various domains of study.
This year, each day of the conference will be devoted to a different approach to logic. However, the following division should be treated as flexible, and the scopes of the themes as partially overlapping.
- On Friday (20th March) WILL 3 (Workshop on Informal Logic and Linguistics) will be held. The aim of this meeting is to discuss the theory and practice of argument and reasoning from a natural language perspective. Organiser: dr Martin Hinton (UŁ). Submissions for talks for this workshop will be accepted only in English.
- On Saturday (21st March) we will concentrate on logic seen as a human activity. We are interested in the intersection of logic and psychology, in all models of reasoning and other attempts at capturing human cognition, as well as their implementation, reaching the fields of IT and AI. Organisers: Prof AMU dr hab. Mariusz Urbański and Patrycja Kupś (AMU).
- On Sunday (22nd March) we will examine logic as a formal system and its links with other sciences. We will be interested both in logic as a separate discipline of study, and logical systems used in the field of mathematics and physics. Organisers: dr Mateusz Krukowski and Agnieszka Widz (ŁUT).
- submission and registration to
7th23th February 2020,
- information about accepted speakers to
21st February1st March 2020,
- conference: 20th-22nd March 2020.
The conference coordinator is Patrycja Kupś, AMU (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Registration & payment
The registration process requires filling in an entry form (for talks in English and in Polish). A confirmation email will be sent. Abstracts for presentations should be up to 350 words, preferably in PDF format. Every abstract is subjected to peer-review.
The length of the presentation envisaged is from 15 to 20 minutes plus additional time for discussion (30 min. in total).
The conference fee is 250 PLN or 60 EUR (reduced fee for students [including PhD students] is 200 PLN or 50 EUR). Conference materials, catering and lunches during the whole event are included.
Participants are responsible for their own accommodation (we offer help in this matter).
Payment details will appear here shortly.
Invoices will be issued at the request of participants (please complete the invoice information box in the submission form).
Participation in the conference as a spectator is free of charge.
A Facebook event page can be found here: http://bit.ly/FB-Awil